Featuring Bulk Foods Inc. Vanilla Spiced Chai Tea Mix. This Overnight Vanilla Chai French Toast Bake recipe is an easy, make-ahead breakfast casserole that’s a wonderful treat during the holidays or for a special Sunday morning breakfast. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and is made with a surprise ingredient: Vanilla Spiced Chai Tea Mix! Serve with syrup, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.
- 1 loaf bread (stale is best -- Use French bread or brioche)
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbs vanilla
- 2 Tbs Vanilla Spiced Chai Tea Mix | Item #468309
- 1 stick butter (cold and cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbs Vanilla Spiced Chai Tea Mix
- Grease a 9”x13” baking dish.
- Cut the bread into ½” to 1" cubes and place in the greased baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, and the Vanilla Spiced Chai Tea mix. Beat until the eggs have completely mixed in. Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
- Cover dish and refrigerate at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
- ---- Day of Baking
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Soften butter. Combine with the remaining topping ingredients - flour, sugar, Vanilla Spiced Chai Tea Mix.
- Drop topping mixture evenly over the top of the French toast casserole prior to baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm and drizzle of maple syrup.