Apple Butter is produced by long, slow cooking of apples with cider or vinegar to a point where the sugar in the apples caramelizes, turning the apple butter a deep brown. Contrary to what the name implies, it does not have any dairy product in it. The term "butter" refers to the smooth spreadability.
Net weight: 9.5 ounces
16 Ways to Enjoy Apple Butter Spread
- Mix 1 part apple butter to 1 part maple syrup for French toast and pancakes.
- Mix it into roasted or baked sweet potatoes.
- Use Apple Butter and pecans as a filling for your crepe.
- Spread it on your toast or English muffins with or without butter instead of jelly.
- Add to oatmeal.
- Mix with a bit of fat-free cream cheese and spread on bagels.
- As a side dish with any pork dish.
- Heated and placed on top of ice cream.
- Mix with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette.
- Mix with wine and Cherchies® Champagne Mustard for a delicious glaze on pork or chicken.
- Spread on melted baked brie fresh from the oven. Serve with Cherchies® Champagne Mustard.
- Mix it with plain yogurt or cottage cheese like the Pennsylvania Dutch prefer.
- Great with turkey or chicken sandwiches. Mayonnaise on one side, apple butter on the other.
- Spread on graham crackers.
- Spread on a melted cheese sandwich.
- Add several tablespoons to a can of baked beans (hot sauce optional).
Ingredients: Apples, sugar, pure apple juice (fresh and/or from concentrate), cinnamon. This is a gluten free product.