Hot & Spicy! This unusual chili, made with navy, red, and black beans, is especially delicious when served while watching that Sunday afternoon TV football game or on a cold winter night. Add your favorite meat and serve it year-round for a truly satisfying meal. Makes approximately 6 (1 cup) servings. 7.10 oz.
What you will need:
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. Cooked Chicken, diced or ground (boil or bake chicken, remove skin, cut meat up into bite size pieces) Feel free to add pork or beef instead
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Add entire contents of soup package to 4 1/2 cups boiling water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan, sauté chopped onion and garlic in olive oil until clear or translucent. Set aside.
- After 20 minutes, stir in the cooked meat and the onion/garlic mixture to the soup pot. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer an additional 10- 15 minutes.
- Add cheese before serving
Ingredients: Dried navy beans, dried red beans, dried black beans, dried US grade #1 red bell peppers, dried US grade #1 jalapeno peppers, salt, dehydrated vegetables (tomato, onion, garlic, parsley), spices, natural flavors. Silicon dioxide and calcium stearate added to prevent caking). Allergens: None.